What is HypnoBirthing®: The Mongan Method?
Benefits of HypnoBirthing
Fewer cases of pre-eclampsia/ dehydration
• Fewer interventions and surgical births
• Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
• Shorter first and second-phase labor
• Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
• Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
• Happier and content mothers and babies
• Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
• No cases of post-partum depression reported
• Infants with higher than average APGAR scores
• Protecting, promoting and supporting natural birth, but most importantly ‘positive birth’ in any method of birth
• A comprehensive program with key strategies to reduce the use of unnecessary medical interventions.
• A program consisting of 5 x 2.5hour classes. A format that has proven to condition the mothers mind and body in preparation for birth.
• A program with research, results and success behind it.
• Working closely with hospitals and birth professionals in how to better support a HypnoBirthing couple.
• A program for pregnant families, teaching and empowering birth partners to properly support during labor and advocate for mum and baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Do I have to be having an unmedicated birth to do HB?
A: No. The programme empowers you to trust in your body & your baby, but the techniques are applicable o any birth situation (including planned Caesarean)
Q: Hypnosis sounds a bit scary – will i lose control?
A: No, not at all. Hypnosis can be replaced with any word: relaxation, calm, meditative, positive…The principles of HypnoBirthing are to allow YOU to control the level of deep relaxation you go into. You remain conscious, competent & confident.
Q: I’m curious but feel that hypnosis is at odds with my Faith
A: HypnoBirthing teaches self-hypnosis – a method of deep relaxation where you enter the place between waking and sleeping. There is no spiritual elements to it so can be beneficial to all Faith groups.